Become a Member of the Musicians Association of San Diego County American Federation of Musicians, Local 325.
If you are a professional musician, we invite you to become a member of Local 325, American Federation of Musicians, and take advantage of all our benefits. No audition is necessary to join Local 325. Application packets are available at our offices and can be mailed upon request.
We were chartered by the AFM in 1903. For more than 100 years, this organization has provided a place for musicians to work together to improve their lives in San Diego. We are affiliated with the San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council and the AFL-CIO.
Our facility is owned by the Musicians’ Association of San Diego County, Local 325 of the American Federation of Musicians. The members of Local 325 maintain this property with their membership dues and work dues.
The purpose of this Association is:
* To unite, and to provides services to, the professional musicians within its’ jurisdiction who are eligible for membership without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age or sex
* To organize the unorganized professional musicians in its’ jurisdiction
* To secure improved wages, hours, working conditions and other economic advantages for the professional musicians in its’ membership and to establish terms and conditions for equitable and fair dealing among its’ members
We offer the following to our members:
* Free rehearsal space
* Recital/event space
* Referral Service
* Emergency Relief Fund
* Educational Outreach Fund – provides funding for assemblies in Title I schools
* Charity Fund – provides musicians to Board approved charitable events at our expense
* Life insurance, group health and dental plans available
* Eligibility to run for and serve as an AFM Officer or member of the Board of Directors
* Networking – Local, regional, national, musicians, groups, contractors
AFM member benefits include:
* Instrument insurance
* Life insurance
* National Network Service, Road Gig Assistance
* Professional legal services
* Music Performance Trust Fund – provides funding for free live music
* American Federation of Musicians and Employers’ Pension Fund
Initiation fees are $115.00 ($65.00 Federation/$50.00 Local) – a one-time membership fee. Dues are $43.25 per quarter, or $168.00 annually when paid in the first quarter of any year. You may choose to pay your dues by the quarter, semi-annually or annually. If an applicant is under the age of 21 at the time of application (youth membership), initiation fees are not applicable (both Federation and Local). If an applicant is a current AFM member, or has resigned from the AFM in good standing in the past, the $65.00 Federation Initiation Fee is not applicable. We now accept most major credit cards for payment of any dues or fees. You are also able to join Local 325 and pay for your initiation fees and membership dues at the American Federation of Musicians website.
This is our Union. We invite you to become a member and work with us to improve wages and working conditions for all musicians in all venues. Our strength comes from collective action. Feel free to call or email our office for more information.
2021 ANNUAL DUES – Pay Online Now
|Regular Members||Life Members|
Please contact us for more information.